Please welcome the Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 Pro, the next competitor to the Apple Airpod Pros. You can pre-order the Galaxy Buds 2 Pro now from theÂ Samsung store, and they’ll go on full sale on August 26. Customers who pre-order will get a free wireless charger, and Samsung is offering money off and credit on eligible Galaxy Buds trade ins.
The Galaxy Buds 2 ProÂ are available in three fresh and non-glossy colour options: Graphite, White, and Bora Purple. The non-glossy finish should mean they’ll be less of a fingerprint magnet than the Galaxy Buds Pro or Buds 2 models.
The Galaxy Buds 2 Pro offer support for 24-bit audio thanks to Samsung’s new seamless audio codec that can handle hi-res music streams from compatible Samsung devices, and sounds similar to the new Lossless Audio codec from aptX expected to become widely available on Android devices later this year.
The earbuds have charging points, a wear detection sensor, and multiple microphones. The case has a charging status LED at the front and a USB Type-C port at the rear. Samsung confirmed a bigger battery, so they might last a little longer.
And we can expect all the features the Galaxy Buds ProÂ have, including aÂ dual-driver setup, ANC, and 360 Audio.
- Three colours: Graphite, White, Bora Purple
- Speaker: Custom Coaxial 2-way (Tweeter + Woofer) Speaker
- 24bit Hi-Fi, 360 Audio with Direct Multi-Channel
- ANC+High SNR Microphone (2 outer + 1 inner)
- Voice Detect
- Up to 5 hours / Total up to 18 hours (ANC on) play time
- Up to 8 hours / Total up to 29 hours (ANC off) play time
- Bluetooth 5.3, Auto Switching
- IPX7 water resistance (earbuds, not the case)